Monday, October 9, 2017

Challenge #283: Breast Cancer Awareness


Hello - Chris C. here to bring you a new challenge.  Since October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month I would like to see PINK in your project. 


My mother had breast cancer twice but she survived and passed away peacefully at 99 years of age on December 23, 2015. So I did this layout about her and how at 17 (when this photo was taken) she had no idea what life had in store for her.




For this project, I used pink as the background color for two reasons.  One it is the foundation of the paper layering on this project.  Two it's a tribute to all the warriors out there who have looked cancer in the face and said, "You are not going to win!"  Your strength is humbling. 


I used a texture stamps from Darkroom Door with Distress Oxide in *Picked Raspberry*. I stamped a banksy girl from Viva LasVega Stamps also with Distress Oxides and adhered some words from Art Journey


While Breast cancer is of course a serious issue in women's health, I have decided to focus
my pink page on a positive in a woman's life, a new baby girl.

Amanda

I used some pink as an accent in this layout to bring a pop of color to it!


Tina

I used pink for some of the layering and some of the accents

No comments: