Monday, January 9, 2017

Challenge #246 - Oh Canada

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope 2017 is your best year ever.

Hello, Gail here. In 2017, Canada turns 150 years old and we're going to be partying all year long!  So I'm asking everyone to do something that reminds them of Canada.

For example:
If you live here or have ever visited, a layout with photos of Canada.
Use our flag like a sketch for a card.


Use the colours RED and WHITE

Use any of the symbols of Canada on your project, like:
  • The beaver
  • Moose
  • Hockey
  • Maple Leaf
  • Poutine (LOL)
  • Winter (although, contrary to popular belief, that is only ONE of our four seasons)
  • Politeness
  • etc. etc.

The sky's the limit.

Here are my projects.

First a card showing leaves and a beaver.


And next a two page layout with some views of Niagara Falls from the Skylon Tower.


To see more close-ups and a list of products, go to my blog.




Love this!  There are so many beautiful places to visit in Canada,
and  one of my favourites was the gorgeous area in Alberta, Banff and Lake Louise.
Pictures don't do it justice.
If you have never, I highly recommend you come visit us!


Apart from the red and white colors of the Canadian flag, I have used its characteristic maple leaf.

Majo

I decided to go for the Canadian Wilderness on my card.


For me Canada is beauty and adventure at the same time. I decided to create a card to invite you to take a ride in motorcycle for the amazing routes of Canada. You can visit the entire country and enjoy the ride!


So with this prompt, I thought of red and winter....oh Christmas....So I kind of used the flag a little to inspire the background. I even used a wood veneer Christmas tree, pine tree...Canada...woods....LoL!!


Amanda
I live in Canada but definitely have not seen all of it yet. One of my favourite places to visit is the Maritimes. It is so calm, quiet and peaceful! This layout is of one of the distilleries we visited in Nova Scotia a few years ago.


Renee

For this weeks challenge, I chose to use the colors Red and White as the basis of my planner spread.  I also used a quote by Wayne Gretsky as an inspirational block on my spread since Saturday is a 5K race day for me.



Happy Scrapping!!




No comments: